Friday, August 2, 2019

August 2

I took the boys to baseball this afternoon, left to take a walk, and then came back to watch their hitting class.

When I went inside, I was surprised to find that they were a class of two; or, as I mused to myself with a mental chuckle, the Wight Brothers Battle Royale had commenced.

I watched as they stood side by side whacking balls off of tees, and then as they took turns smacking live pitches. As Isaac took his turn, Brady positioned himself nearby to take practice swings, and I was struck by how they moved with a great deal of synchronicity. It was, in a word or two, quite lovely to see them moving stride for stride, swing for swing, over and over again. Beautiful, really. So for those moments of sweet (literal) harmony between these sweet little sons of mine, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment