Wednesday, August 14, 2019

August 14

With the kids all at different schools for the first time, the whole drop-off and pick-up thing can be challenging. For now, I'm picking up Brady first (since his day ends the earliest by a very small margin), and then scooting over to the middle school, where I retrieve both Isaac and, after she walks over from the high school, Abby. When Isaac spotted Abby on the sidewalk this afternoon, this is how he reacted:

It may be a little hard to tell, but he basically tried to pull a Dukes of Hazzard. He got about this far out the window before I clued in to what he was doing and told him to get back in the car before he fell out and cracked his head on the sidewalk.

But that's neither here nor there and my point is this: he was super excited to see his sister, just like Brady was excited to see him when he got in the car a few minutes earlier. They may squabble just about every day and the bickering may make me half-crazy at times, but I do so love the genuine, unscripted moments that show how much they love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment