Thursday, August 8, 2019

August 8

Abby went to Adam's parents' house for her own end-of-the-summer sleepover, so this afternoon it was just me and the boys. After a quick trip to the store for some more cleaning supplies, they helped me continue my work on the floors at the rental (with varying degrees of success).

They both heartily dove into their assignment, though neither anticipated how much muscle they'd need to scrub the dirt away, so they wound up giggling and running up and down the stairs while I did the bulk of the work. (Which, lest anyone should think I'm into the whole child labor concept, was totally fine with me. As an aside, it was interesting being there with them, since of our four kids, they're the two who never lived there. I haven't fleshed out those feelings just yet, but I'm sure I will as I have more time to mull them.)

From there, I took them to baseball and then to dinner at their pick for the evening: Chili's. And then it was home and off to bed.

Given that it feels like summer vacation has flown by this year, I'm thankful that I had a little time with just the two of them, just as I'm thankful for the time I had yesterday with Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment