Monday, August 26, 2019

August 26

Adam worked (very) late today, so after I put the boys to bed, it was just me and The Girl. After a serious conversation about friendship, she lightened the mood by playing some truly awful music on her phone. (Just for me.) Then she took it up yet another notch by playing the famed Rick Roll song, "Never Gonna Give You Up."

And then she took it up even a notch further when she jumped up from her seat on the couch and danced along with said '80s classic. She intermittently giggled and sang along, and I, being the great mom I am, recorded the show for future use.

There are many great things about my daughter and her sense of humor and comic timing are definitely two of those great things. And I'm grateful to have her around to lighten my mood when it needs a lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment