Saturday, August 17, 2019

August 17

Seventeen years ago today, Adam and I got hitched. I don't remember a lot of the finer details that I no doubt stressed about as a nervous bride-to-be, but I do remember standing there making that commitment. And I'm grateful that we're still walking the talk even though parts of the life we've built together have been all-but impossibly hard.

Now onto today. After he brought me coffee and roses this morning, we made a late decision to take the kiddos to the A's game. (And luckily for us, it was an exciting match-up that concluded with a win.) We spent a lot of time watching baseball games during the early days of our marriage, so sitting there in the stands at the Coliseum felt like a sweet homage to what was. Then later on, after we got dinner for the kids, we got fancied up (per the pic) and went to dinner downtown by ourselves at Hap's.

It was a very nice day, and as I wrote before, I'm grateful for the 17 years we've had so far.

1 comment:

  1. I made the blog three days in a row! A personal record. :)

    I love you Sherry!

    ReplyDelete