Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March 10

Adam turned 42 today. Since he had work and the kiddos had school and baseball and he and Abby had dance, the celebration window was limited, but we made it happen. There was Zachary's pizza (his dinner pick); a lemon cake made by Abby, frosted by me, and decorated by Isaac and Brady; and a small stack of carefully chosen presents. And there was this:

Although I'm sure we've forgotten to a time or two over the course of the past 13 years, we've taken a version of this image on just about every birthday we've celebrated in this house. And as I sat there setting up my phone to snap today's iteration, it occurred to me that this would be the last one we'd take in this spot with those precious pieces of artwork drawn for and by Logan and our other kids on the wall behind the couch. Though I'm looking forward to all of the new memories we'll make in our new home, the thought was a bittersweet one.

Still, I'm thankful for new beginnings -- like new homes and birthdays that signal new years. And I'm thankful for my hunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment