Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16

Oh, what a day. With the shelter-in-place order in effect for our county as of two hours from now, we can expect some serious monotony in the days and weeks to come. Add to that the truth that we're supposed to close on our new house on April 1st, my laptop died last night so I don't have a reliable computer, I'm going to have to reschedule a trip I've been looking forward to for months, and another very serious issue I can't go into publicly, I'm feeling worn out at best. So after a nice (well, not so nice but necessary) cry this afternoon, I came downstairs and made myself some coffee in this mug. (Because coffee makes things better, right?)

This is often the cup I choose when I'm feeling blue, partly because one of my favorite people gave it to me and using it makes me feel closer to her, and partly because, well, it's true! Purple glitter rocks.

So did the coffee boost work? Eh, sort of. I guess I'd say that it took the edge off. The thing is, I'd be totally justified in feeling defeated right now, but I'm not going to let the devil steal my joy. (Or at least not any more of it than I've already offered up on the altar of fear and disappointment.) I'm going to take this day at face value, be annoyed over the lousy things that are going on, and then pray, because at this point, underneath all of the frustration and sadness, I know that's really the only thing that's going to give me peace. And it's the only thing that has the power to change our circumstances in miraculous ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment