Friday, March 13, 2020

March 13

It's definitely a strange, strange time. Courtesy of COVID-19, our school district decided today that kids will go to school on Monday, retrieve books and whatever else they'll need, and then return home for at least three weeks --through Spring Break-- for "distance learning." I could worry over how much actual "learning" my children will do while constantly in each other's faces or how hard it will be to get them to focus or how they'll probably render me a complete lunatic, but I won't. Nope. Tonight, I'm going to open these Monopoly tickets I've been hoarding.

I'm going to hope for free donuts and coupons that I'll actually want to use. Although I'm always praying that the best outcomes will come to fruition, this evening I'm thankful for the blessing of silly distractions --like little grocery store game tickets-- that make the ills of the world fade for a short time.

Now come on -- mama wants some donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment