Thursday, March 5, 2020

March 5

If all goes as planned, this will be our home as of the beginning of April. (Surprise!)

I know, I know: back story. After we sold our townhouse last month, Adam and I started to casually peruse listings in the area. I was comfortable with the idea of taking my time because I had a very long, very specific list of wants and figured it would take a while to find something that would fit the bill.

But then we walked into this place (which is, for the record, about 10 minutes from our current house) on Sunday and it just felt like our home. It has a pool and a stunning view of the hills from the back yard and a very private master bedroom with an amazing bathtub and a huge kitchen with a huge island and a built-in desk and a fifth bedroom that's already painted in Logan-blue. And it has a side of the house for the boys and a separate side for Abby and a bathroom that's just for her and a laundry room that's actually near the bedrooms. It's a place where I can imagine hosting friends and watching our kids and their friends hanging out in the pool or the family room. I could just see us there, and in fact, I even told Adam as we were admiring the view that I was afraid to go upstairs and see that it was perfect (and it was indeed perfect) because I knew I'd want it.

So anyway, we made an offer on Tuesday morning, the seller accepted it Tuesday evening, and we're now in escrow. And although I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the suddenness of this development a bit stressful, I am amazed by God's provision, because as it turns out, the seller sold the house to someone else almost a year ago but the deal fell through, and I just happened to see the listing right after she put it back on the market last week. The timing was, in a word, perfect.

Given that ours is the second amazing home-related story of the week, I'm reminded that God is always, always faithful and that I should always trust that things will work out. And I'm also reminded that He wants to give us good gifts and that though we sometimes have to look hard to see Him at work, sometimes we don't have to look hard at all because the gift is just Right. There. And I am so, so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment