Wednesday, March 4, 2020

March 4

I changed up my hair yesterday. I've tried (and tried) but can't get a decent selfie, so this last-ditch effort will have to do the trick.

My reasoning was twofold. In a practical sense, I was in the middle of a rather ugly grow-out from a layered cut, and I just wanted it all evened up and the same length. (Which it now is.) But I also wanted to prove to myself that one, that kind of superficial change won't kill me, and two, I'm still me -- even with this really unfamiliar medium-to-short hair.

Given how much "change" has been a theme for me over the past year or so and how much I did NOT like some of said change, it was refreshing --maybe even empowering-- to choose to make a small one of my own. Given that I can be such a pushover and, honestly, such a chicken when it comes to anything different that tries to impede upon my treasured sameness, I'm grateful for the newfound sense of boldness that I'm gradually starting to find within myself. And I'm doubly grateful that though my circumstances are constantly evolving over time, God is the ultimate anchor in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment