Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 18

Apparently I haven't looked in Brady's mouth for a while, because I was genuinely surprised when I got a gander at his grin a few minutes ago and saw this:

This cute little muffin of mine has been missing his upper lefthand (facing him) front tooth for months now. Actually, it's probably been closer to a year. We waited and waited (and waited) for that tooth to break the gums, but it just didn't happen. I'd even started to wonder if it would need "help" from the dentist to make an appearance. But nope; just when I realized I'd stopped waiting for it, it showed up.

That tooth --like so many things in this human life we all lead-- moved at its own pace. It didn't show up when we thought it should nor did it show when common sense would say it should. It came when it was ready.

It's a good reminder to me that though it's difficult at times, patience is an essential component of a truly content life.

No comments:

Post a Comment