Tuesday, March 3, 2020

March 3

There were many good things about today, but I'm going to zero in on a small moment that went straight to my heart.

Since Brady's baseball practice ended just as Isaac's began, I was a minute late getting to the field to pick him up. When I arrived, I was surprised to find just Brady and one of his teammates still there, sitting alone on the bleachers. I called out to Brady from the sidewalk, and he headed in my direction, but I noticed that he kept looking over his shoulder. When he got close enough for me to hear him, he asked if we could please go wait with his teammate until his mom showed up. I said of course we could, so we walked back over to the bleachers and Brady invited said-teammate to play catch.

Fortunately, the mom arrived just a few minutes later, but I was so struck by the sweetness of Brady's gesture that the moment lingered in my mind as the evening wore on. No one else stayed back to be with this kid, but he didn't feel right about leaving him alone. I think that shows really good character. And I feel blessed that despite my many flaws, my littlest little chose to do the right thing when he didn't have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment