Thursday, March 12, 2020

March 12

It's been a crazy, crazy week. I think we're probably all collectively --to one degree or another-- stressed over COVID-19 and its implications. But even amid the panic, it's important to be calm and kind and rational. And as strange as it may seem, it was this tank top that reminded me of that truth this evening:

I bought it last week at Walmart because, well, because it screamed at me to buy it. (Let's just say that I do love my sparkles so I totally buy into the message.) It is important to spread joy however we can. So... do that. Be the person who helps out a neighbor or calls a friends who's feeling isolated. Be mindful of those you know who could suffer adverse effects from being socially distant from others, and give him a call to check in or shoot over a text to say hi.

God's got His hand on what's going on in this world; we just need to remember to be there for each other in the small moments and to spread the sparkles, so to speak -- even when we can't really be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment