Wednesday, March 11, 2020

March 11

Isaac umpired his first game tonight. His first-ever paid gig, in fact. Here's my cute little working guy between innings of the match-up between the AA Pirates and Red Sox:

Although he wasn't calling balls and strikes this go-round --that'll happen in a few weeks and I'm sure I'll be a mess when it does because man alive, adults can be mean sometimes-- he did serve as the first base umpire, which meant he spent the game patrolling the area between first and second.

Isaac has something of a poker face at times --especially when he's concentrating-- so as we walked back to the car post-game, I wasn't sure what the response would be when I asked him how he'd liked it. But I smiled to myself when he replied "it was fun!" and said he was looking forward to doing it again soon.

As I've said ad nauseum, there's really nothing quite like getting to watch my kids do things they love to do. It's one of the (many) big blessings of parenthood and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment