Friday, April 1, 2022

April 1

There were numerous lovely things about today. There were the pleasant hours spent chatting over coffee (and tea) at the Mother Ship with a new friend this morning. There were minutes spent in the car listening to the radio while basking in the sunshine and enjoying the almost-warm breeze that casually drifted through my open window.

And, of course, there were precious minutes with these guys, the biggest guy, and the girl. When I came downstairs this morning I found Brady like this in the kitchen: laptop open on the island, baseball bat against his shoulder, Pirates cap perched on his noggin. A few moments later, Isaac joined him with his prized collection of stuffed dogs. 

I love this snapshot of them not because it's posed or because they're offering up their best smiles, but because it's beautifully real. This is what my life often looks like during the non-Kodak moments. And for these non-picture perfect moments that show life as it is, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment