Thursday, April 14, 2022

April 14

A few months ago, the folks in charge of Senior Class Celebratory Stuff asked parents to send in photos of our kiddos as Kindergartners. I finally got around to doing it today, so ta-da! Here's our little Abby.

I remember being absolutely delighted (and here's where I drip with sarcasm) as her classmate handed out flower-shaped hair clips to the other little girls in line that morning. I actually cringed as Abby stuck it to the side of her head, but now, in hindsight, I kind of love it, not because it looked amazing or anything, but because it's a story I can tell and look back on and smile over. Those stories are so often the real stuff of this life.

Anyway, yes, this little girl bought her Senior Ball ticket this morning and will graduate from high school in just seven weeks. There will be parties and remembrances and laughs and probably a fair number of tears, too. But I'm grateful for all of them and for the Story of My Girl as it continues to expand with all-new tales of lasts and firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment