Thursday, April 21, 2022

April 21

Adam and I went out to dinner tonight. 

We're not even remotely consistent with Date Nights and our little excursion to Chili's only happened after rain forced the cancellation of both Brady's practice and Isaac's game. (He was going to play as a sub for the other Rays team... it's kind of complicated, but there are two teams: he's on the 680 League team, and there's also the NCS team. Tonight's game was an NCS one. But I digress.) I meandered into the office at 4 or so and said 'do you want to go out tonight?' and he perked up and was all 'yes, let's.' (Because that's how we roll.)

Anyhow, it was really nice to just sit there and hang out with him. We chatted a bit and I enjoyed a margarita (which the server tried to card me for. He was clearly new and a bit delusional and/or blind, but 'twas still a nice moment for this fortysomething) while he did some work on his laptop. And yes, we also ate.

It's important to feed our relationships in order to keep them alive and healthy. So this evening, I'm glad that we got out the watering can and gave ours a sprinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment