Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 20

School pick-ups are pretty much the same from day to day: I drive to Brady's school, park the car, and walk over to meet him near the gate after the bell rings. (He could walk to the car solo, of course; I'm just conscious of the bittersweet truth that our elementary school years are drawing to a close and I want to take full advantage of the small moments.) From there, we drive to the middle school, where Isaac is usually waiting by the fence.

When he sees me waiting at a nearby red light, he always waves. And lately, he's taken to performing goofy dance moves, too.

I'm not sure about his motivation, but I always smile --and sometimes even laugh aloud-- when he starts his daily routine. And I can't speak for everyone out there, but those moments of silliness that make me giggle are always welcome blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment