Monday, April 25, 2022

April 25

I had an epiphany this afternoon while I was praying: It brings me joy to host gatherings at our house. Not just fleeting feelings of satisfaction or happiness, but real, palpable joy that I can feel bubbling up and over in my spirit. It's utterly life-giving.

And I had the blessing of feeling that joy this morning when I hosted my Bible study ladies and missionaries Joe and Averyl Morris from Jesus to the Needy for brunch. (You can click the link to see the amazing work they do.)

I tried out a brand new-to-me recipe for a caramel French toast bake, picked up a traveler of blonde roast from the Mother Ship, got out the good china, and welcomed them all into our home for a few hours. It was such a blessing to hear Joe and Averyl's stories and to spend time with these women whose collective wisdom, character, and faith inspire me every day.

It's always a blessing to start out a new week on a joyful note, so I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment