Sunday, April 10, 2022

April 10

Today was a travel day for Abby and me. We left the hotel on time, returned the rental car on time, got through Midway security in great time, and then went to the gate... where we sat for hours.

It was like Christmastime all over again, with a busy airport and our plane going nowhere. I sucked it up as best I could, got some Dunkin coffee and donuts, and pulled out some yarn as we waited out our first delay of the day. Eventually, we wound up being rebooked on a flight through Denver (instead of LAX, which was our original layover spot) and actually left Chicago. 

But then we wound up sitting around in Denver because our connector to Oakland was... delayed.

Frustrations aside, I think we tried to make the best of it. Abby read a book and I crocheted. We dined on McD's for late-lunch. I did feel the frustration arise again when we were literally among the last few people to board the plane in Denver and wound up sitting in middle seats in the back, but I popped in my earbuds, turned on some music, and prayed for a better attitude.

And thankfully, I got one. 

So for the gift of an improved perspective and for a safe trip back home, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment