Saturday, April 2, 2022

April 2

It was a beautiful, beautiful Saturday. Brady didn't have any games, but Isaac and the Rays had a doubleheader at their home park (in Pleasant Hill. It's pretty amazing to be 13 and have your home field at a junior college, but the drive... yeah. But I digress) so Adam and I took him up the freeway this morning while Brady (whose allergies are in full-flare mode) and Abby kept the nest warm.

It was fun watching them on the diamond because save a few small goofs, the Rays were on-point: good hitting and good defense led to a sweep in their favor. In fact, I snapped this pic just moments before Isaac smacked a stand-up double to center. So yes, it was a great day of ball for our boys. And after a number of tough outings, it was a blessing to see them play well.

But beyond that, it was --like I already said-- absolutely beautiful: sunny skies (and I have the sunburn to prove it), temps in the 70s, and a light breeze. As I sat watching and chatting (and crocheting because duh), I was struck by how easy it can be to live with gratitude when things are good. And in conjunction with that thought, I was struck by the truth that I don't always express that gratitude to God. So as I sat there, I thanked God, and God rewarded me with increased joy in those moments. 

And for all of that --for the wins and the great play and the sportsmanship and the chit-chat and the lovely weather-- I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment