Monday, April 18, 2022

April 18

I am very happy to announce that this girl of ours will head to Chicagoland this fall to join the class of 2026 at Wheaton College.

I knew the decision was imminent (since she only had until May 1 to make it), but was still a wee bit surprised when she went upstairs a little while ago and returned with her laptop and the stuffed bear she got during our trip a few weeks ago. She then plunked down on the floor between Adam and I and, after filling out some information, she Clicked The Button.

Resistance and complaining aside, she couldn't help but smile as she sat there looking at her computer screen; as she dipped her pen in the inkwell and wrote the first letter of the next chapter of her life.

I'm so excited for her future. I know that God has amazing things in store for her, and my prayer is that she'll be open to letting Him work fully in her life during her college years (and beyond).

Congratulations, Abby! We love you so much and are so proud of who you were, are, and will be. Wheaton 2026!

No comments:

Post a Comment