Sunday, April 24, 2022

April 24

This afternoon Abby had her last dance picture day. I drove her over to the studio at the appointed hour not because she needed my help --she got ready entirely on her own, in fact-- but because I'm trying to savor much of the marrow of her senior year of high school as possible.

Although they took an official buddy photo together, I had Abby and Gracie pose for me as we were heading back to the parking lot. And this is what they did. (And it made me smile to myself at the time, because --without verbal communication-- they almost immediately turned back to back and put up their arms and legs like it was the most natural thing in the world. Which, of course, it most definitely is not.)

I love that these two have taken dance together for as long as they have. I love that they've been able to make each other laugh and support each other through various trials and issues and tribulations. And I love that they both struck the same bizarre pose with no communication.

Regardless of where Gracie decides to go to school for the next four years, they'll be pretty far apart geographically. But I'm pretty sure they'll still be friends at heart. And that kind of friendship is a major blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment