Monday, April 11, 2022

April 11

When I came downstairs this morning, I found both Isaac and Brady sitting at the kitchen table. Both were engrossed in something on Brady's laptop screen.

Once I got over the shock of seeing Isaac there eating a bowl of cereal (instead of where he usually is 10 minutes before it's time to go: still pajama'd, lying on the floor in his room catching extra zzz's), I looked over Brady's shoulder and saw that he was messaging "Squad," so I asked if they were talking to a friend. Nope, the replied. Abby.

I'd completely forgotten that that's what they'd named their sibling chat group. And in the moment, I felt profoundly blessed.

Not all siblings get along well enough to even have a chat group, much less one they call "Squad." So for their growing and strengthening bond, I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment