Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11

I spent the morning volunteering for the fourth grade's Gold Rush Day at school. A handful of other moms (who I consider good friends, as it happens) and I oversaw a collection of outdoor stations, including the areas devoted to panning for gold, washing clothes, shaving, and visits to the doctor's office, where the mom-docs distributed Jelly Belly "medication" for ailments that included cholera, diptheria, rabies, and a host of other delightful (and surprisingly giggle-worthy) conditions.

Afterward, as I was heading off to pick up Isaac from kindergarten, I stopped by to visit Abby during lunch. I found her sitting with two of her very best friends:

She met Bridget way back in kindergarten when they were in the same class. The two of them have had their ups and downs over the years, but they're on an upswing right now, and I hope it lasts. Belle came into the picture in second grade, and she and Abby have been virtually inseparable ever since.

I love my Abby, and I love both of these girls and how they make my girl smile. There are few blessings greater or more meaningful than being able to grow up with good friends by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment