Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 25

We had a chill day around the house, filled with (mostly) peaceful interactions involving Things 1, 3 and 4. By around 10:30, I became vaguely aware that they were milling around the kitchen a lot, and Isaac continually asked me to read him books. But I didn't figure out what they were doing until they called me outside for lunchtime.

When I joined them, I saw that they had two blankets spread out on the grass. When I asked if they wanted me to make some lunch, they smiled and said no, and it was then that I noticed that they each had a backpack. They opened their bags, and pulled out sandwich bags. Each one bore one of our names, and contained a peanut butter sandwich and baby carrots.

I was touched by their sweet gesture. As it turns out, Abby made the food, while Isaac and Brady were in charge of 'distracting' me. Deception aside, I'm proud of their ingenuity. And a nice little picnic outside is always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment