Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 26

While Adam and Abby were at work today, I took the Little Boys to the mall, partly to go to a sale and partly to just get out of the house. A few years back, the mall installed these little pay-to-play cars on the first floor and the kiddos love them, even though I never put money in them to make them shake, rattle and roll. (Because seriously... an entire dollar?!)

Although they did as they usually do and asked if I'd give them money, they didn't whine or complain when I said no. In fact, they very happily moved from car to car, smiling broadly as they pretended to be race car drivers and ice cream men and bus drivers.

I love that they can be satisfied with what they have rather than wanting more, more, more. There's a big lesson there for everyone, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment