Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8

Logan loved cars. All sorts of cars, but especially Pixar's Cars and Cars 2. I think, in some ways, the music of those two films made up the soundtrack of his life.

This morning, we watched Cars. As the credits rolled, I thought about the amazing Lightning McQueen picture that my friend Erin's old friend --who happens to be an animator at Pixar-- made for Logan while he was at CHO. And for the millionth time, I thought it would be so cool to have a Logan car in the next Cars movie: a blue car with a flame job and a spoiler. A real zoom-car, as Logan called them. Then I put the thought on my back burner as I usually do --because how would I ever make that happen?-- and logged into Facebook. And I nearly choked on my coffee when this was the post at the top of my feed:

It's not the content that got me; I was born in 1978 so I don't have any memories from that decade. It was the fact that it was posted by Erin via her friend the Pixar guy.

This was at the top of my feed. And I have more than 700 friends.

I still have no idea if it will ever happen. It would be amazing if it did; if his favorite film franchise saw it fit to honor one of its biggest fans in that kind of tangible way. And I certainly don't intend to put ANY pressure on anyone!

But the experience reminded me that I shouldn't give up on hopes just because they seem far-fetched.

No comments:

Post a Comment