Friday, June 27, 2014

June 27

I had a very early interview call this morning. I was worried that a herd of kids would run down the stairs and cause a ruckus on the line, so I went out to the car. And I saw these guys on the sidewalk:

Usually when I see snails, they're moving at full speed toward the grass or some other moist area. But not these little guys. Nope. These two were cuddled up together and sitting stock still. I poked them and they moved their little antennae so I know they were alive, but I was taken by their peaceful stillness. It was almost as if they were taking comfort from just being there together on the sidewalk.

I could take a lesson from that. After all, God did say "be still and know that I am God." And it may be funny, but these little dudes reminded me of that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment