Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5

The Little Boys and I stopped by Walgreens this morning on the way to preschool camp to buy some sore throat spray for a friend of mine. We went inside and quickly found this:

I was extra-specially pleased because it was even on clearance, and well, I love a good deal. Since Isaac (and now Brady, ugh) was having issues with a sore throat of his own yesterday and today, I snagged the two bottles remaining and headed for the checkout.

As the cashier rang up the items, she asked if I'd like to donate $1 to Children's Hospital Oakland. I was taken aback for a moment; I always feel a little surge of bittersweet emotion when I see those familiar Miracle Network Balloons. But I always donate, so I said okay. As Isaac carefully wrote Logan's name on the balloon, I told the cashier a little about the boys' big brother. And talking about Logan is always a nice way to start a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment