Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9

There's a general sense of malaise hanging around our house. The Little Boys were sick with fevers last week, I discovered this morning that Brady has hand foot and mouth disease, Abby is tired after not sleeping well, and even Adam, who is generally pretty healthy, feels under the weather. But Isaac and Brady showed a sense of youthful resilience all day, and especially this evening when they broke into a bag of kitty toys and pretended to be cats.

They meowed, chased each other, batted plastic balls around the floor, and hid inside their kitty houses.

I love it when they rise above their challenges and have fun while they're doing it. They inspire me to be optimistic and have fun, even when I feel down and out. And I thank God for them every single day, even when they're loud and boisterous and crazy (and drinking from the cat's water dish).

No comments:

Post a Comment