Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 28

I was all set to use a lovely picture of rays of sunshine streaming down through some tree branches... and then this happened:

After an afternoon at the county fair, we did as we always do, and stopped by one of those photo booths to take a strip of silly selfies. (And yes, it's hard to cram five of us into the tiny booth, but we manage.) As I waited for the pictures to come out and Adam corralled Brady, I watched, silently, as Abby and Isaac went back inside the booth together. They didn't know I was watching; I'm sure Abby would've booted him had she noticed me. But the scene was a beautiful one and I wanted it to last forever, so I didn't say a word.

They may spend much of their time bickering, but this image --snapped when they didn't know anyone was watching-- tells another story. And for that little piece of Heaven, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment