Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17

Today was lousy. I had an early interview so I was up at 5 AM. Then a series of frustrations sent me to several different stores in search of a single item that should've been easy to find. And I can't even go into the complete and utter shameful disaster that was the evening's school board meeting. I'll sum it all up in simple terms by saying that I'm shaking, near tears, and completely exhausted but also completely unable to sleep.

But there was a little ray of light amid the darkness and frustration. While I was conducting my interview this morning, Brady came downstairs. He saw me on the couch, and I saw him clutching his BearBear, but he left me alone. After I hung up, I headed upstairs to check on him, but he wasn't in his room. So I went back downstairs. And as I looked over the banister, I saw this scene: him, lying on pillows in the living room, clutching his BearBear, peacefully at rest.

Blissful, peaceful sleep is such a blessing. It's one that's eluding me at the moment, but I hope --I pray-- for that kind of peace. And soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment