Friday, December 12, 2014

December 12

Every year, the preschool classes each hold a birthday party for Jesus. It's a cute little event, complete with birthday hats, cupcakes, balloons, a book exchange, and a special (and often unintentionally humorous) chapel session telling the story of Jesus' birth. And every year, for one reason or another, I wind up being the co-op parent. Though it means bringing a lot of extra supplies and operating the dreaded helium tank --which terrifies me!-- I love it because I get to see sights like this one firsthand.

It's Brady and his good buddy Austin happily munching their cupcakes during snack time.

This age is such a huge blessing. It won't be long before they'll consider their precious little homemade hats a 'mo-om, that is SO not cool'-inducing embarrassment. It won't be long before frosting smeared on cheeks will send them running to a mirror to wipe it off before the picture is taken. It won't be long before they're much too big to sit comfortably on those tiny chairs. I'll blink, and they'll be grown.

So for precious moments like this one that I can both live and use as a reminder of like-moments I shared with Abby, Logan, and Isaac as well, I'm very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment