Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28

We enjoyed another pleasant but cool day today. Abby and Brady asked if we could go for another walk, so during halftime of the Niners' game, we did just that.

Brady alternately strolled with Adam and I, ran with the bigger kids, and rode on Adam's shoulders, while Abby and Isaac rode their bikes. At one point, Isaac fell slightly behind the pack and ran out of juice halfway up an incline. Since I was bringing up the rear, he quickly turned to me and called for help. So naturally, I gave him a little push, and off he went.

As I watched him ride off, it dawned on me that we often treat God like Isaac treated me. He knew I'd be there, so when he got himself into a tough spot, he called on me. And then after I helped, he was gone again.

It's not a perfect analogy since Isaac is a six-year old child and I am in no, way, shape or form a god (I feel blasphemous just writing it), but the notion that we should be riding with God at all times instead of just crying out when we need help is kind of powerful, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment