Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29

Truth be told, I don't really spend much time with anyone outside of my own immediate family these days. I have friends I 'talk' to routinely on Facebook and others I see at school pick-up and drop-off times, but other than that, I spend a lot of time alone. But today, I escaped my box for a little while when Abby and I joined some friends from church for a belated birthday celebration.

In honor of both girls' recent birthdays, A and I took Abby and her friend G to Build-a-Bear and then settled down for a long lunch at CPK. While the girls sang show tunes (yes, seriously, they enthusiastically sang show tunes in the middle of a restaurant), I had a chance to get to know A a little bit better, and I'm so thankful for that opportunity.

Fellowship is a gift, and he (and she) who really takes advantage of the chance to engage with others is blessed.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed our time with you two! And we, too, were blessed by your company and conversation (and song!)

    ReplyDelete