Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 30

I can hardly believe that the year will come to a close tomorrow. It doesn't seem like nearly 365 days have passed since we quietly ushered in 2014.

Anyway, today was a light one. I didn't do much of anything that was productive, and I didn't really entertain any profound thoughts. So I figured I'd just show you something that made me happy.

This is what I had for dessert. It's a small brownie and a spoonful of Cool Whip --a favorite of my grandma's-- in a pool of dark chocolate toffee sauce. After Adam and I went outside in the blustery, cold wind to cover my more delicate plants for the evening, I came inside and sat down in my chair to enjoy it. It was a warm, inviting treat on a chilly night. A blessing of a different kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment