Friday, December 26, 2014

December 26

Today, I engaged in my annual Day after Christmas shopping trip (solo, since Abby declined my invitation to come along). When I came home, we headed back out to Arby's for lunch, per Abby's request.

Logan loved Arby's, and I have distinct memories of sitting with him there in a booth, taking selfies. We don't go there often these days, but it's always kind of special in a bittersweet way when we do.

For once, Abby and Isaac sat together without complaint. And they actually got along quite well, laughing and poking at each other in the good-natured way that siblings often employ. It was, in hindsight, almost as if Logan was right there with them, egging them on. I captured this particular moment of silly sweetness, just so I'd be able to remember how it felt to see them enjoying each other's company. And just so I'd be sure to remember that harmony is always a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment