Thursday, December 25, 2014

December 25

Christmas. A day to remember and reflect on the birth of Christ and to spend time with the important people in our lives. We spent our day just living the moments as they arrived.

There were sibling-to-sibling hugs over presents given and received. There was tree (a Christmas bread that Adam's mom makes) and cinnamon roll consumption. There were many gifts opened and many games played. There was a trip to the cemetery to check on the flowers. And there was a Christmas pot roast for dinner.

But when it comes down to the brass tacks of it all, this image represents what mattered most today. It was taken with my brand new phone. As I played with it, I realized that I wanted the first photo ever recorded by its camera to include all of the important people in my life, so we huddled together in front of the tree and made it happen. A merry kind of Christmas indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment