Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13

As is the norm for Saturday afternoons, we had lunch at Red Tractor. I've said it before, but I enjoy sitting there in that small space, eating together and sharing stories for a few precious minutes. I like watching the kids color their place mats and hearing whatever tales they want to tell.

Today, after I'd downed my grilled cheese, I spent a little extra time watching Brady.

(I tried to get a photo of them working together, but he saw me and smiled his radiant grin for me instead. I'll take it.)

It's incredible to think that he'll be four years old tomorrow. Logan was only 15 days older than Brady is right now when we found out he was sick. Brady turning four makes me realize how brief Logan's time with us really was, but it also makes me realize precisely how profound the impact of a brief human life can be. Logan may have only been with us physically for five and a half years --four years and two weeks of them in a "normal" way-- but the legacy he left behind will live on indefinitely.

I'm thankful for those memories, for birthdays, and for the promise that one day, we'll all celebrate together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment