Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10

Today's big planned activity was a visit to the San Diego Zoo. The kids and I had never been, and Adam's last visit was some time ago, so it was kind of "new" to all of us.

So we spent the better part of the (beautiful) day wandering around the zoo checking out the many, many animals that call it their home. I really liked the giraffe exhibit (because wow, they're so close!) while Brady, being the great lover of Bear-Bear, liked the bears, Abby liked the pandas, and Isaac appreciated the lion (who is, incidentally, pictured in my collage because when I saw his face in this image, it made me think of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and it almost gave me goosebumps when I considered the story. So regal. So much depth in those eyes gazing Heavenward). Memories were made.

Then this evening, in the interest of making sure everyone was good and tired, we went bowling. It proved an amusing experience, as Brady silently declared himself the great comforter and offered up hugs to everyone who missed knocking down all the pins (which happened quite often). So there were many hugs and even a few victory dances.

A good day. A very good day, and a very blessed one indeed. I could try to find God in a single moment --and indeed I kind of think I did with the reference to Aslan-- but I don't want to overlook the smaller ones that mean so much. So there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment