Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 27

After drop-off today, I took Brady to a local park. It was supposed to be a near-triple digit day, so I wanted him to get some outside-time before the mercury rose too much. Fortunately, he was on board with the idea.

As we approached the playground, a small tot lot not far from Abby's school, I noticed that they'd put in new equipment, so though we'd been there before, it was like an entirely new experience for my muffin.

He went down the slide and swung on a swing and boarded a dinosaur's back and crossed a bridge. He especially loved the 'spinny seat' and getting his exercise, which involved him repeatedly running toward and up the slide. He did a lot, and when the time came to go, he asked if we could go back again tomorrow. He played with such genuine enthusiasm that it made my heart swell with happiness.

I love watching him be little. He, of course, gets on my nerves at times with his perpetual questions and his seemingly neverending commentary on everything, but watching him be a normal four-year old and experience the world in a normal four-year old's way is an amazing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment