Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary, so tonight, we actually got a baby-sitter and went out to dinner.

Recent years really haven't been easy for us. I know that all relationships face difficult situations at times, and I sincerely hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I think that losing a child is easily one of the biggest challenges that a couple can face. Such a loss changes you in deep, profound ways, so much so that you almost need to learn how to breathe all over again. And learning how to breathe on your own while trying to help others around you learn how to breathe... it's complicated. Difficult and complicated.

But I've been blessed with a great person to walk with me along the path, and I'm thankful for him and for the family we've built together. Our journey has been imperfect, but we've gotten through it together and I've seen God move in and through him throughout the years.

Happy anniversary, hunny.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! We got married only days apart. I don't think you were speaking out of turn. Losing a child has to be the most devastating things anyone would go through.

    Hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you too, my love. You are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete