Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 18

I registered Isaac for second grade this morning and then drove to Starbucks for some delicious vanilla iced coffee. After I'd pulled into a space and cut the engine, I unbuckled my belt and turned to tell the Little Boys to unfasten themselves so we could get out. I was startled when I saw these two --in shockingly close proximity to my face-- grinning back at me.

My heart swelled with affection for them. All they had to do was unbuckle themselves and smile at me, and I was a goner.

I feel fortunate to be able to watch them grow and learn and love. I feel fortunate that they can fill my heart with joy by doing the simplest of things; the things that so many people don't even notice. And I feel fortunate that though I can't have the one thing I long for every single day --to see and hug and talk with my Logan-- I can see shades of him in the two of them (and in Abby).

No comments:

Post a Comment