Friday, August 28, 2015

August 28

The temperature topped 100 degrees again today, but by the time I headed out for my evening walk --joined by Abby for the first time in quite a while-- the air had lost much of its heaviness and a gentle breeze rustled the trees.

We had a grand time laughing and joking as we strolled along. She brought her Fur Real Pet bunny along, and much of our conversation involved that funny little creature. As we walked, I found my gaze drawn to that big, round moon.

Abby noticed it too, and asked if there was something special about it, just because it looked so vibrant and full. I told her that I didn't know, and later discovered that she was right: tomorrow's skies are supposed to play host to a supermoon.

I guess I don't really have a central point, other than to say that it was a blessing to walk and joke with my girl. It was a blessing to hear her laugh so heartily that it took her breath away. And it was a blessing to see that huge moon overhead, reflecting the light of the sun with such brilliance. All very good things indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment