Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31

I'll admit it: I'm prone to missing those lighthearted moments that pop up throughout the day. I'm generally fairly focused, hopping from one activity to the next, so it's easy to skim over the silliness and keep it all business, so to speak. But I couldn't possibly have missed this.

As we got out of the car to attend a playground play date this morning, Brady squirreled off to the front seat after I'd closed my door, ferreted back to his seat, and then out his own door. I have a vague recollection of him telling me that BearBear was going to drive the car somewhere, but honestly, I wasn't pay much attention, so I quickly forgot his words.

So I was taken aback --and honestly, pretty amused-- when we got back into the car to head home and I found Brady's buddy just like this. I laughed aloud, and Brady grinned and reminded me that BearBear had wanted to drive the car.

Just a stitch in time, but a funny stitch in time, and one that even further endeared both BearBear (and my Muffin, if that's even possible) to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment