Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 12

I learned a few things today while at Legoland. One, Brady is a surprisingly good driver. He can navigate around road hazards and accelerate and stop when appropriate. In hindsight, knowing how much he reminds me of Logan at times, I'm not sure why it this surprised me, but it did. Two, for the most part, the kids are all energized by fast rides. Three, when Adam knows there's a camera snapping a photo during a ride, he goes all out to make ridiculous gestures. Four, Dairy Queen probably isn't the best place to stop for dinner at 9 PM (ice cream? Sure! And oh, the laughter). And five, I re-learned --for the millionth time-- to be alert for those blink-or-you'll-miss-'em winks. Like this one.

We'd just gotten off a gentle little helicopter ride when I glanced over and saw Lambie's lookalike laying on a nearby seat. I don't know where his kid was or what he was doing there, but the sight of that soft blue lamb made me smile. It was almost like in that moment, Logan was smiling at us from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment