Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 15

Abby will turn 11 in a few months, and sometimes, her behavior drives me nuts. She can go from ranting and raving one minute to calm and cheerful the next, and on any given day, I'm never sure which way the wind will blow first. But all in all, she's a good girl and I'm proud of who she is.

As we walked from the car to our usual Saturday lunch today, she strolled along beside me, gabbing idly on a few different topics. At one point, she remarked that she'd tied her hair up and wondered how it looked. Then we went inside, ordered, and the kiddos worked on their coloring pages. She created a scene featuring forest animals and happily told me all about it.

Is there a big lesson here? No. But I'm always thankful for the good days, and saying it out loud and giving audible thanks for the good things... never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment