Thursday, January 11, 2018

January 11

I guess it's good when you get to the end of a birthday and don't really know what to say other than it was a lovely, lovely day. I still had to turn 40, but I definitely did it surrounded by amazing family and friends, and I can't really think of a better way to usher in a new decade.

When I got up this morning, I found the staircase adorned with hand-drawn Pixar characters (think Lightning McQueen et al) spelling out Happy Birthday (thanks hunny!). Adam brought me my coffee and then I took the kiddos off to school before meeting a friend at Starbucks (because I can never have enough coffee. Literally. Never. No hyperbole there). Then it was off to CPK for lunch with Adam before kid pick-ups and dinner at Red Robin, where it seemed like the concept of the night was moneymaker shakin' because the kiddos --and Lambie-- just couldn't stop rockin' to the beat. There was a video from two future YouTube stars (bahaha), flowers, presents, cake (which took an amazing three attempts, but I can't really think of anyone else who's so dedicated to cake-making that he tries three separate times in a row)... just a whole lot of wonderful.

And of course, there was a Logan moment, because when I pay attention, he always finds a way to be "here". I was sitting outside Walmart in my car (because I had to find somewhere to go while Adam tackled cake attempt number two before lunch) when I found myself wondering if he'd show up in some way. Not two seconds later, the sun briefly broke through otherwise cloudy skies. And illuminated a Corvette. I couldn't possibly have missed it.

My heart feels full. So for that enormous blessing and for all of you, I am so much more thankful than I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment