Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3

Although the day started slowly, it wound up featuring two main events.

The first was a meet-up with my very long-time friend Gretchen and her family. It was a simple enough get-together, as we wound up having ice cream (yep, ice cream: at least it doesn't melt when it's already below freezing outside) at Baskin Robbins. It was so nice to just sit and chat with her for a while. We've been friends since our early elementary school days, and although we see each other very rarely, I know she's always got my back -- just like I'll always have hers! Friends come and go, but she's a lifer for me.

The second main event was dinner with my mom and Harvey. We had a lovely time at an Italian restaurant they like, both eating and talking a bit more.

The ability to connect with friends and family is a huge blessing, and I'm thankful that we've been able to touch base with so many people during this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment